Scripps Financial Group provides individualized tax advice, preparation, planning and consulting services to a BROAD range of businesses and individuals, however I have specialized experience in certain areas as noted below. My strong technical knowledge of the tax law is backed by 28 years of experience and a unique understanding of small business dynamics.
The following are professions that I specialize heavily in, and each have unique deductions and their own complex tax rules. My years of experience, training and expertise have been tried and tested by the IRS... with results in my client's favor, every time. I am proud to disclose I have NO AUDIT LOSSES. Ever.
- Realtors / Brokers
- Mortgage Loan Consultants / Brokers
- Local Actors / Entertainers / Writer's / Directors
- Massage Therapists / Acupuncture & other healing arts
- Fishing Boat Chiefs, Captains and crew
- Law Enforcement Professionals
- Social Workers / Clinical Mental Health Therapists
- Group Therapy Practice owners
- Psychologists and PMHNP's
- Tech Industry Professionals
- Complex investment portfolios
- Home Child Care Providers
- Rental property owners / investors
- Salon owners / Self-employed Stylists
- Independent Contractors
Tax Return Types
- Individual 1040 and state tax return forms
- Local tax returns (Tri-Met, Art Tax, County and City tax returns)
- Sole proprietors and single-member LLCs (Schedule C)
- S corporations (Form 1120S) **Professional bookkeeping is required or hourly charges will apply to correct errors. I have a limited number of availabilities to take on new S-Corp clients. Call to inquire.
Other Tax Services Also Available
- Audit representation before federal, state and local tax authorities (only returns I have prepared)
- Un-filed back taxes
- IRS liens & levies
- Wage garnishments
- Business entity structuring for start-up businesses (Sole-Proprietor, LLC, S Corp, etc.)
- Small business setup and operation, consultation & filing
- Tax planning, budgeting and forecasting for businesses and individuals (this is automatically included for current clients, with every tax return prepared )
Why is tax preparation without tax planning oh, so not smart?
Tax laws change... often!
They can be approved one month and put into effect two months later. If you don't work with an accountant / practitioner who is easily and consistently accessible year-round to help you be on the side of loss prevention, you are at risk of unwanted financial surprises at the end of the year!
How good is your "tax insurance" policy?
Taking a proactive look and putting together a tax plan for your specific situation is the only step to lowering your tax liability to the fullest extent of the law and preventing unwanted, costly surprises when you file your return.
I provide year-round check-ins for no additional fee (for current clients). This is not something you will find with other tax practitioners or CPAs. I offer this bullet-proof "vest" as a type of FREE insurance to give my clients a deeper level of peace, security and service value that exceeds their expectations and goes beyond the norm.